Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Dueces wild!


Two years ago, I married my love. Levi was like no other man I dated. He was different. We had that kinship of the heart that comes when you find a true friend. Sara will tell you that after our first date I said he was "the one." I knew it in the depths of my soul, the confines of my heart. What ever happened from that point forward I was forever changed because he stirred my heart as no other. He is my match in every way. I am stubborn and passionate, I love to laugh at inappropriate times because in the chaos of life I find humor. He laughs with me. He plays silly hand games with me in the hospital while we are waiting for our niece to be born. He endures an argument even if the argument is silly and inconsequential. He listens. He is patient. He is kind. He is so intelligent. He is honest to a fault. He is the love of my life.

I pray you all have felt that kind of love. It may be from the love of your life, or the unconditional love from a mother or friend. But it's a love that occurs when there are no expectations, when there are no secrets, when we reveal every side of our self to another and they accept everything without keeping score. Love occurs every day, in every shape and every form. Grab hold of your love and foster it, because "Where there is love, there is life." Mahatma Gandhi.
Added little tidbit:
Last year, Levi read an excerpt from Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom at his mom's wedding. I think it is the most appropriate passage for any married couple. While I have only been married two years, I do know that above every other piece of advice we received, this one is the one we both hold close. It is from the chapter, "The Tenth Tuesday We Talk About Marriage," Page 149. Morrie is telling the author, Mitch, that for a marriage to succeed you need to respect one another, be able to compromise, be able to talk openly about what goes on between the two of you, and finally, have a common set of values. Morrie goes on to say that of all the values, the most important one is your belief in the importance of your marriage. If you both do not put your marriage as a priority, then you're going to have a lot of problems. If you have not read this book, I highly suggest it. It's a great read and has great life lessons.
Happy Anniversary my love!

2 comments:

Amanda Correa said...

Happy Anniversary!!! You two are just the cutest love birds!!!!

Mrs. Nettles said...

Happy Anniversary!! you actually told me about that book and its always been a favorite!! I love that message, so true!! xoxo