Two out of the last three nights, our Champers has been sick. He is fine all day but then at night he starts getting dry heaves before he ultimately throws up. He is such a trooper, though. Both of the nights he has been sick, he comes to get me up and then rushes to our back door to be let out knowing what is about to happen. The first night I thought he was antsy or someone was lurking around the house. Levi was out of town and it made me nervous that Champ was nervous. Finally, I realized he was sick and just needed out. Then last night, the same thing happened; he woke me up and made a run for the door. (Thankfully, we know that it is his treats that is causing this reaction and a quick fix at that - he doesn't get his treats anymore.)
It's funny. My sister and friends tell me that I should enjoy sleeping now because when Levi and I have kids there is no sleeping from the moment you get pregnant until the kids turn roughly 3 -5 years old. I would say with our kiddos we are getting good practice. Butch wakes me early every morning because he wants to go outside. Champ sleeps in later and if I acknowledge him before he is ready to get up he pretends he is still sleeping. (Seriously, he closes his eyes and won't turn his head toward me.) When I finally fall back to sleep, Champ decides he is ready to get up and wakes me to go outside. Aspen wakes me up if she is too cold, if she doesn't like the water in her bowl, if she needs the food in her bowl stirred, if her food level is below the appropriate level, and if she is feisty, there is no hope for sleep. On top of all that, with Champ being sick, as when any of the three are under the weather, I have been sleeping lighter. I think it is my maternal instinct kicking in listening in case he starts getting sick again. With all this activity I would say we will be in good shape once we start a family...or we will be worn out from these three, so much so, that we will need sleep instead of kids. :) Just kidding Marilyn. For now, there is no rest for us...although Levi always seems to wake up very well rested and chipper???
No comments:
Post a Comment