Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Present

While I was putting together my blog on my vanity I heard our pups. I got up to make sure they were doing OK...they've been inside because of the 92 degree weather today at our house, so I let them out to stretch their legs. Oh hey, I see I should go ahead and top off their water bowl while I'm up and it would be faster to fill it up from the hose out back than go back inside and fill it up.



IF YOU ARE THE FAINT OF HEART OR IF THERE ARE CHILDREN IN THE ROOM NOW WOULD BE A GOOD TO STOP READING OR REMOVE SAID CHILDREN.




Aimee: "Wow what a nice day...isn't this a great day Champ and Butch?"

Champ and Butch do not reply, they just look at me with board expressions.

Aimee: "Let me just walk over here....hey, what is that?" I don't have my glasses on. I take a step closer. "Is that? Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! ASPEN!"



Aspen decided to leave, her most cherished mom, a little present this morning after she was out for the day...I didn't get it until now. :

Yes, it is a mouse.

Yes, he is dead.

Yes, it is not that big...BUT IT IS STILL A MOUSE! - I guess better that Aspen got to it before it got in the house. :/ (The joys of having a backyard the size of a field.)

So, here are the options:

Option A: Leave it there until Levi comes home from work - that won't be until much later tonight and the dogs need to be outside too....hmmm

Option B: Put on rubber glove, wrap rubber glove with paper towels, place multiple plastic bags over pre-wrapped hand - go outside to pick up carcase and dispose

Guess which option I went with?

1 comment:

page's said...

oh aimers!! loved your script!
i would definately go with option A, but judging by your detail in option B, I'm thinking you might have gone with option B. which if you did, is WAY more brave than I could ever be :)