I have finally finished telling the last of friends and, more importantly, my employer the news of our expected delivery in August. Anyone who knows me knows that I worry. And not only do I worry, but my vivid imagination is able to conjure up the many different scenarios that could potentially, but most likely will never, occur. So today is a W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L day because all those crazy worries have been put to rest.
As to update anyone curious about the little buddy, both baby and I are doing well. I have been extremely fortunate in that I did not have any morning sickness or real nausea in my first trimester. I was extremely tired and still find myself tired from time to time, but as one of my good friends put it, "You're creating something that is going from microscopic to an 8 lb baby in a short amount of time, of course you'll be tired." Touche.
All the check ups have gone well and we should deliver a healthy little one when he or she is ready. Another worry gone. As to the sex of the baby...we don't know at this time but we are going to find out. Levi and I are too curious to hold out until delivery. I don't feel like I have an increased appetite and the heartbeat is very fast, both signs - according to old wives tales - that we are having a girl. But who knows for sure and we'll find out soon enough.
So for the next few months this blog may be filled with news about the baby, funny stories about how my husband would like to take me golfing for my very first time when I am past 6-months pregnant (oh yes he is), or weird stories about why our cat has all of the sudden decided sleeping on my chest/belly is the best bed in the house. Entertainment is sure to follow.
So for today...it is Friday and my worries be gone! :)
1 comment:
So excited for your new adventure! I want to see your growing bun in the ov'n. So lucky to ditch the sick stuff! Love ya!
Post a Comment