Friday, July 08, 2011

...Get Ready...Get Set...

There is an excitement, anticipation for the change that is about to occur. One that makes me eager for the days to fly and yet yearns for time to slow. Life has changed for us. Life will change again with the arrival of this new addition. A change I am excited to embrace, but a change that will forever alter the course of our lives. It is time. Time to end the honeymoon chapter and turn the page to family. A lifetime of joy and memories await us with this little bundle.


I never imagined six years ago when I met my husband that my heart could know such joy. I thought meeting him was the best. Then I thought falling in love with him was the best...moving in with him...marrying him...each stage seemed to eclipse the last. There is a love so deep no words can explain. (I know many of you are lucky enough to feel this too, because thankfully love is unique to the individual and can touch us all.) My husband's love has invaded my heart and conquered my soul. I have found someone to stand by me, who accepts my faults, encourages me and believes in my dreams with me (even when others are telling you to throw in the towel), he brings out the best in me...he is the love of my life. Bringing a new life into this world with my love, my best friend, my soul mate leaves me speechless. There is no greater joy I can think of but I imagine as we continue this journey through life there will be many more moments that once again eclipse the last.


Our son is going to be blessed with a patient, fun, encouraging, ornery father who will teach him to laugh, to play, to think logically and thoroughly, to have a kind and generous heart. My son is already blessed a million times over because of the father he will have.


As we near the end of this pregnancy there is a gentle reminder of the best decision I ever made. It is ever present. Thank you God for throwing an internship I did not want to pursue in my face. Thank You for moving my desk right next to this amazing man who I was too timid to talk to, for him asking me to dinner and me having the sense to say yes. Thank You for all the inexplicable coincidences in our lives that showed us we were constantly circling each other waiting for the right time before we would be ready for each other and then giving us the time to enjoy each other and prepare to be parents so we would be ready for our little guy.


We are as ready as we are ever going to be.

1 comment:

tess said...

oh, aimee! you have me in tears...what a lucky little boy to you as his mom.