Thursday, August 13, 2009

Let me count the ways

10 Reasons why I love my husband
(not an all inclusive list)

10.He lets me win at chess when he has beaten me every night.
9. He makes me dinner when all I have made myself is cookies.
8. He always kisses me good bye when he leaves for work, even if I am still sleeping.
7. He believes in me.
6. He laughs with me at the funny and not so funny, but really it's funny things.
5. He recites movie lines with me.
(Good luck Losing with these Losers in Las Vegas LaFluer. - Alliteration aside, I think I'll take my chances.)
4. He has tears in his eyes after movies about old couples still in love but dying.
(And we're not allowed to talk about us getting old. - i.e. Notebook, Up)
3. He holds me when I need to cry, even if I don't realize the tears are coming.
2. He is a man of integrity and honor.
1. His heart.

He is my match in every way. He is strong enough to counter my strong personality [yes, it is strong if you really know me - maybe passionate is a better word]. He challenges me to be a better person. He is excited for me to take part in his interests (i.e. motocross). And mostly he accepts me as I am: flawed and far from perfect.

No comments: